Due to Covid 19 your child has missed a section of their schooling this year. As well as the more academic subjects, they have also missed PSHE lessons relating to ‘Changing Me’ and ‘Relationships’. In school we would teach these through our Jigsaw scheme of work as well as having class discussions.
I have attached the lesson plans we would have used had your child been in school. Please take time to look at these with your child.
Welcome to Year 6 - Larks!
A NEW video message from us all at Larkrise!
Remember, it's important to wash your hands for 20 seconds. Now, reach for the soap....
Hi Year 6 and welcome to week 2 of home learning!
I hope you are all well and managed to enjoy the weekend.
Here are a few bits to be getting on with this week...
1. Please continue to learn your times tables. Pick a times table that you know you need to work on and focus on that. You could make cards with the answers on the reverse to help you learn them. Don't forget to keep working on Mathletics. Really challenge yourself in those areas you know you need to improve on!
2. Keep reading! I know I have mentioned it all year, but it is such a great skill to have, and at the moment it is a great time to get absorbed in a wonderful story!
3. As a class, we have discussed many endangered species. Pick an endangered animal that interests you and research it. Create an information page on this animal in your home learning jotter book. Then produce either a persuasive poster or write a persuasive leaflet to encourage others to help protect the animal. You may even want to choose the beloved panda!
4. Sketch your animal carefully. Focus on shading techniques. Remember your first attempt may not be your best, keep working at your sketch to improve it.
5. Remember to try and stay fit and healthy. Try and join in with Joe Wicks' workout each day. It is good for your body and your soul!
Take care and stay safe!
We study all aspects of WW2 in this term. We look at how and why the war began, rationing, evacuation, the role of women, the Blitz, the Holocaust and the impact the war has had on Britain. We also create some delicious dishes from war time recipes and design and make our own make do and mend project!
Our science topics are Light and Animals including Humans.